Are you looking for a meaningful job? Do you want to use your expertise in leading a growing health organization’s programmatic effort to help save lives and make a positive impact on those in need? Then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team as our next SVP, Mission Delivery!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
To reach our ambitious goals, the Alliance must build and leverage partnerships with healthcare organizations, social support organizations, and other stakeholders. If we succeed, the Alliance can more effectively scale the impact of its programs through existing reach into communities, especially those communities facing health disparities in colorectal cancer diagnoses and outcomes. The Alliance is seeking an executive with a focus on creating, implementing, and delivering programmatic efforts with opportunity of also generating revenue and building significant relationships. This executive will be a member of the Executive Team overseeing the Screen, Care, and Cure Pillars.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead overall mission delivery including the Screen, Care, and Cure teams, providing mentorship and guidance to the Director and Senior Directors to foster effective collaboration across pillars and create developmental plans for their professional growth.
- Coach leaders, provide feedback, and ensure accountability for organizational and pillar performance and results.
- Encourage a culture of continuous learning and innovation among the leaders and the team, being an example of creating an environment of inclusion.
- Programmatic Creation, Implementation and Oversight:
- Oversee all programmatic initiatives, projects, and pilots for mission delivery for the organization including Screen, Care, and Cure, continuously assessing, and evaluating the success and ROI of each while successfully articulating the value proposition of each to funders, constituents, and multidisciplinary leaders in the field.
- Continue to build, implement, and iterate on a successful and efficient approach to screening, patient/caregiver services, and research, with a targeted focus on the most marginalized audiences (as identified).
- Build the Cycles of Impact project, delivering on success in existing cities and growing the project to include a defined number of new cities. Oversee the research outputs of the organization, including research granting processes, as well as communications about the impact of the research.
- Utilize the organization’s research portfolio and health education campaigns to accelerate research findings and bring the latest scientific advancements to the CRC community as swiftly and simply as possible.
- Develop and execute a vision for the Alliance as a leader in the research ecosystem with a strong value proposition of patient data as a critical piece of the puzzle.
- Support connectional intelligence of the organization, working closely with the other pillars and the Executive Team.
- Represent the Alliance with partners, donors, sponsors, and industry leaders to raise the profile of the Alliance and general awareness of colorectal cancer.
- Team Collaboration and Reporting:
- Serve as a member of the Alliance's Executive Team, actively participating in the development and implementation of the organization's overall strategic framework and growth plans.
- Build effective relationships with cross-departmental Executives and Leaders to position the Alliance as a valuable partner for thought leadership, expert in the Pillars of Screen, Care, and Cure, and in achieving all organizational goals.
- Define and achieve appropriate measures of success for mission delivery for the organization including developing KPIs to capture and report relevant metrics to stakeholders.
- Create and monitor the yearly programmatic budgets, ensuring success in delivering on current and future financial budgets and goals.
- Create partnership with Development Team leaders (CDO and Senior Directors) to support revenue generation for mission work and key sellable programs.
Some goals the successful applicant will need to achieve in the first year include:
- Increasing the number of individuals served with a focus on both quality and quantity of outputs in how many people are screened, provided services under navigation, participation, and activity in BlueHQ, and research dollars and activity given.
- Continuous recruitment, development, and engagement leading to increased success of BlueHQ.
- Strong interoperability and seamless user experience across services, programs, and projects – both for the organization and for the user.
- Growth of the Cycles of Impact and Community Engagement model regionally at the Alliance aimed at achieving programmatic objectives.
- Measurable research outputs, both from Alliance grantees and Alliance research initiatives.
- Development of an organizational system for and national network of dissemination partners, with focus on Black communities.
- Satisfaction and growth among the Screen, Care and Cure Teams, identifying the most critical and defining the prioritization of the highest impact to the CRC community, supported by data and results.
- Mission leadership on the execution of new programs across the organization including Development, Mission Delivery, and Operations.
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with cross-departmental leadership to foster a cooperative approach in achieving organizational goals.
- Evaluation and improvement of data governance, focusing on data accuracy, consistency, security, scalability, and growth.
- Active participation and leadership in the Alliance's Board of Directors Task Forces that include all mission delivery expectations.
If you believe you have the experience and ability to successfully achieve these goals, we’d like to hear from you! Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “SVP, Mission Delivery" in the subject of the email.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is committed to providing a productive and professional environment in which volunteers and staff work together with mutual respect and appreciation of their diversity to achieve the mission of the organization. The Alliance believes it is important to be genuinely representative of the community we serve, and in the importance of creating programs and activities, and collateral materials, that are culturally sensitive and responsive to all communities’ needs. This is essential to increasing colorectal cancer prevention and survivorship rates. Furthermore, we strive for an inclusive environment where volunteers, staff, and others who support the Colorectal Cancer Alliance reflect the full diversity of people affected by colorectal cancer and feel welcome to share their talents, skills, and passions in pursuit of our mission.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Some travel is required for this position based on the needs of the Alliance.
Chief Impact Officer
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "SVP, Mission Delivery" in the subject of the email.
To view all job opportunities at the Alliance, visit https://www.ccalliance.org/careers