Are you looking for a meaningful job? Do you want to use your expertise in technology to help save lives and make a positive impact on those in need? Then come join the Colorectal Cancer Alliance team as our next VP, Data Intelligence & Technology!
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients, families, survivors, and caregivers navigate diagnosis and treatment options, connect them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective, and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead the Data Intelligence & Technology team, providing mentorship and guidance to foster effective collaboration and professional growth.
- Coach team members, provide feedback, and ensure accountability for their performance.
- Encourage a culture of continuous learning and innovation within the team.
- Strategic Technology Direction:
- Develop and implement a multi-year technology roadmap to support the organization's growth, ensure security, and enforce data-driven initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership on technology, data analytics, and cybersecurity to ensure alignment with organizational goals.
- Evaluate projects and initiatives from an organizational perspective, ensuring adherence to best practices in technology and data security.
- Technology Implementation and Oversight:
- Oversee major technology initiatives, including the implementation of cloud-based tools, development of custom digital solutions, and management of hardware and software.
- Collaborate with external vendors and manage outsourced projects within the defined budgetary framework.
- Ensure the successful onboarding and offboarding of employees in relation to technology systems.
- Team Collaboration and Reporting:
- Serve as a member of the Alliance's Executive team, actively participating in the development and implementation of the organization's overall strategic framework.
- Build effective relationships with cross-departmental leadership to position the DI&T team as a valuable partner in achieving organizational goals.
- Define appropriate measures of success for the Data Intelligence & Technology pillar including developing KPIs to capture and report relevant metrics to stakeholders.
- Create and oversee a strategy and process for collecting and timely reporting of all organizational analytics, including managing a team who creates dashboards for digital and programmatic data and articulates the findings.
- Create and monitor the yearly technology budget, providing quarterly and YTD timely updates and proposed changes, and create proposed budgets and recommendations for upcoming year’s budget.
Some goals the successful applicant will need to achieve in the first year include:
- Effective management and performance monitoring of the Data Intelligence & Technology team, including hiring and ongoing development of team members and the establishment of KPIs.
- Timely and successful implementation of technology projects, efficient resolution of help desk tickets, and continuous improvement of digital products.
- Completion of technology onboarding and offboarding processes for all employees.
- IT leadership on the execution of new programs across the organization including Development, Mission Delivery, Volunteerism, and Operations.
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with cross-departmental leadership to foster a cooperative approach in achieving organizational goals.
- Evaluation and improvement of data governance, focusing on data accuracy, consistency, security, scalability, and growth.
- Active participation and leadership in the Alliance's Board of Directors Technology and Innovation Taskforce.
It is not an understatement to say this position will be part of a team responsible for saving thousands of lives and improving countless more. With 1.4 million people in the US living with colorectal cancer, we have urgency to find someone who can deliver results immediately. If you believe you have the experiences and ability to successfully achieve these goals, we’d like to hear from you! Interested candidates may apply by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “VP, Data Intelligence & Technology" in the subject of the email.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is committed to providing a productive and professional environment in which volunteers and staff work together with mutual respect and appreciation of their diversity to achieve the mission of the organization. The Alliance believes it is important to be genuinely representative of the community we serve, and in the importance of creating programs and activities, and collateral materials, that are culturally sensitive and responsive to all communities’ needs. This is essential to increasing colorectal cancer prevention and survivorship rates. Furthermore, we strive for an inclusive environment where volunteers, staff, and others who support the Colorectal Cancer Alliance reflect the full diversity of people affected by colorectal cancer and feel welcome to share their talents, skills, and passions in pursuit of our mission.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Washington, DC (Remote candidates considered)
Some travel is required for this position based on the needs of the Alliance.
Chief Impact Officer
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "VP, Data Intelligence & Technology" in the subject of the email.
To view all job opportunities at the Alliance, visit https://www.ccalliance.org/careers.